Best tips for successful email marketing campaigns
Do you send your business-related emails to your present clients and potential ones? Maybe, you are much regular and consistent in this approach. Still, you have not found the best result from this email marketing campaign. Your recipients may haven’t opened your emails, ignored them or deleted them. It says that there is something wrong with your email marketing program. Here we come with the best tips for successful email marketing campaigns
Usually, email recipients or subscribers receive the following types of emails.
- Marketing or promotional emails sent to the clients, vendors, and affiliates- These email contents include announcements, surveys, PR or newsletters.
- Operational emails- You can send business-related information through these emails.
- Transactional emails- These are automated emails, triggered with some activities of the customers at your website. For instance, these emails may contain confirmation for the registration or payment.
Now, we have presented you with some tricks that would help you to get the highest value from your campaign.
Encourage the recipients to open your email and send you a response
Email marketing always gives you a chance of communicating with potential customers. But, you may not get this advantage just by sending information to the chosen recipients. Thus, while creating emails, you have to concentrate on the following things-
- Write a persuading and powerful subject line- The subject lines have to make the readers think that emails contain something important and relevant.
- Maintain the voice and tone to write the email content- Never think that the readers, who have opened your email, would never send it to the trash box. By reading your email, they need to believe that you care for them.
- Target the recipients and send the emails- Have a look at the demographics of the readers. Then, you can start categorizing them, based on these demographics. This will help you to compose the best content for your emails. Your emails would also match the interests of the readers.
Thus, with the above ways, you can be successful in convincing the recipients to read your emails.
Never overdo your email marketing approach
Some companies send their promotional emails every day. However, you can keep away from doing that. In most of the cases, the subscribers feel bored at reading your business emails regularly. Set the right frequency of sending your emails.
Of course, you may claim that the daily email delivery keeps you connected to the subscribers. Alternatively, these subscribers do not always like to know anything about your services or products.
Thus, the frequency of delivering emails is a subjective issue. You can apply your intelligence to decide on it. Check out the way, in which the subscribers are responding to your emails.
After continuing the email marketing for a few months, you have to track-
- Conversion rate
- Rate of growth of your subscribers’ list
- The number of shared emails
- Bounce rate
The best instruction for you is to send 2 to 3 emails every week.
Keep the email body precise
You have to remember it while crafting the emails for your subscribers. In most cases, marketing emails are shorter and more precise. Whether you promote a product or service through email, this trick works for everyone. The promotional emails comprise only 3 to 4 lines. Within those few lines, you need to convey your message.
Make your emails mobile-optimized
Most of your subscribers and potential customers use their mobiles to read their regular emails. You need to follow the right format for your email to make it readable to the mobile users. For instance, a very big image in the email cannot be loaded quickly by Smartphone users. While your email is not mobile-friendly, you may miss out several clicks.
Personalize the emails
While writing the email copy, you need to address the customers by their name. By personalizing the emails, it will be easier for you to develop trust. Moreover, it stimulates the recipients to open the emails and read them.
Email copy has to be crisp and clean
Although we know the fact, most of us make the mistake of sending them emails with no professionalism. There are some tricks of retaining a clean look of the email content.
- Write shorter paragraphs and make sure that all the phrases and words are relevant to the readers.
- You may use bullet points in the content to make the email more readable.
- Insert pictures that clarify your main message. There is no need for replacing the content.
Add CTA to the email
Why are you sending your brand-related emails when you do not instigate the customers to take actions? Thus, insert a call-to-action to the email content. These CTAs can be of various types. For instance, you can ask the readers to take part in a survey or to purchase your products. However, for any type of CTA, you have to ensure that you have not included more than once in your emails.
Use the technology rightly
You may use the automated tools, like MailChimp, that helps in scheduling the transactional emails. With the use of these tools, you will also be able to respond to the customers very fast.
Start testing the emails
Do not send an email without ensuring that it would work best for your chosen recipients. You may have a view at the emails on Yahoo, Outlook.com, and Gmail. It is also essential to test the performance of emails on various mobile platforms. After going through the tests, you can finalize the draft.
Apart from testing the email content, you have to review subject lines and CTAs to find the most engaging option for the readers.
You may also use email tools, help you with the A/B testing process. You can easily compare the performance of various email versions.
The above tips are helpful to make your email marketing campaign more effective. If you have started your campaign, you may modify your tactics to get the best result. Set your metrics to know whether your email marketing program works for your business.